1/26/2011

Early Life Crisis

  I have been entirely too stressed as of lately. My anxiety has been tested, pushed to its limits and I'm both physically and emotionally exhausted from it. Not that I want to get too detailed - especially via internet - but my mum has been going through yet another stressful patch and I worry about her so intently. Nonetheless, I am weighing my current options:

- Go for my work interview.
- Work full-time for a month or so.
- Get a small one-bedroom apartment or find a roommate and get a nicely sized two-bedroom.

OR
- Stay living at home.
- Save money for school despite my education fund.
- Go insane.

  Alas! I have had a break-through with future plans for the time being, ignoring the fact that I change my goals on a fairly regular basis. However, my mum was a very high-esteemed hair dresser and she used to get so fed up with me wailing at her when I was young that she wasn't doing my hair the way I wanted that she taught me how to do it myself. So I've been teaching myself how to work with hair (after many failed practice runs on my own poor head) for about 8 years and it has become second nature to me. Now of course all of my friends and their friends and family come to me to get free hair cuts/dye jobs, and I wonder to myself, "Why am I not getting paid to do this?".
  As I am naturally one of the most indecisive people I know, I have not been able to simply look through school programs or take tests to see what I would be best at and say, "This is it! This is what I want to do," without considering a dozen other options at the same time. Of course this contributes to my anxiety where I feel my feet are nailed to the floor and I can't move in any direction without fear of regret. The conclusion I came to was this: I will go to aesthetics school, which is only about 9 months (my city has 3 of the best aesthetics schools in Canada), after which I could get a job in a salon doing both hair and make-up. Hopefully at that point I will have some sort of better idea as to what I want to take in university (right now I'm leaning toward international law but that could change in 5 years or 5 minutes) and be making money just in case the current funding I have isn't enough.
  This is a good plan right? This will be a trade I can have for the rest of my life, because who knows when or if things will ever get tough - I'll always have a back-up safety net.

Kate's prom make-up (it went so nicely with her dress but I'm lacking more photos!)

She was so insistent that the curls wouldn't hold with her thin, pin-straight hair.

Up-dooo

They held.       





And here are some of the stupid things I did with my hair, but the really embarrassing ones are staying hidden.
BLEACHED2SHIT

THE BOY CUT

THE UNDERCUT

THE UNDERCUT - RACING STRIPES EDITION

THE TUCKED MULLET