2/12/2011

Gifted Rooter

 I went to the boy's house on Tuesday and came home Friday around noon because I was supposed to have an interview at 1, but it was unfortunately rescheduled last-minute. We spent a lot of time bumming around and watching stupendous films/documentaries and talking (he made me eggies in a basket for breakfast which was just lovely because he's a wonderful cook).  



Movie List!

 K-PAX with Kevin Spacey who I am so smitten by I should be embarrassed. This could be the best acting I've seen him do where he plays Prot (prote), a patient at an institution who says he's from the planet K-PAX.

Catfish is a documentary about a photographer living with his brother and friend who are filmmakers. They spend almost a year capturing his developing yet questionable internet friendship with a family who send him artwork.


Dear Zachary is a documentary about the life of the late murdered Andrew Bagby dedicated to his baby son Zachary whom he never met (I cried like a fool during this one).

Another Spacey gem to satisfy my needs. The Usual Suspects is the 1995 film about five crooks who randomly end up in the same police line-up.
I not only loved this film for the obvious reason that it was fantastically written, but because the boy was geeking and giggling the entire time which only made me laugh more. Paul Giamatti and Thomas Haden Church play two best friends going through a mid-life crisis filled with wine and a road trip.


On the way home my mum made two pit-stops to show me these amazing thrift stores that have somehow gone unnoticed despite that they are located mere minutes from my apartment. I felt like a child in a candy store rooting through every possible rack and spending so much time in change rooms while having the most lovely conversations with their sales ladies.
  I checked all the tags vigorously looking for original prices but I had to check websites for a lot of them in the end. The original prices overall came to a whopping $860 while I only paid $65.99 and of course I'm experiencing just how pleased I am with myself.


Sheer black blouse with detailing - Nougat London/Limited Edition - $300 $15 - found at Carousel Clothing 
Sheer black blouse with detailing - Nougat London/Limited Edition - $300 $15 - found at Carousel Clothing 

Sheer black blouse with detailing - Nougat London/Limited Edition - $300 $15 - found at Carousel Clothing 

White knit top - Spanner Imports - $65 $15 - found at Carousel Clothing

Fitted double-breasted black blazer - Pariscope - $85 $15 - found at Carousel Clothing

Fitted double-breasted black blazer - Pariscope - $85 $15 - found at Carousel Clothing

Black see-thru blouse - Cassis - $69 $8 - found at Carousel Clothing

Grey blouse - Ports1961 - $215 $4.99 - found at Thrift Shop

Creme/black striped T-shirt - Frazier Lawrence - $50 $5 - found at Carousel Clothing

Creme/black striped T-shirt - Frazier Lawrence - $50 $5 - found at Carousel Clothing

Creme/black striped T-shirt - Frazier Lawrence - $50 $5 - found at Carousel Clothing

Black sailor-inspired sweater - Franco Valeri - $76 $3 - found at Thirft Shop